Report unfriendly linux laptop :(

Acer aspire 5583NWXMi
Intel Core 2 duo T5500
Nvidia Geforce go 7300 w/TurboCache
120GB HDD
DVD-Super Multi double layer
1.5 GB of RAM
intel pro wireless 3945BG
built-in Bluetooht

I try Ubuntu 7.10, 8.04 and 8.10 family.
Then I try openSUSE 11.0.
Later I try fedora 10.

It show same problem about NVIDIA Geforce driver. When I try to install driver from main server of any Distro, it have flick screen and freeze. I search solution in NV-forum (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33) and NVNEWS (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14). There are a lot of problem about NVIDIA Driver.

In another way, If you use this laptop for home user or office user, this problem seem disimportant with you. But I use for graphic and 3D render job. I have to install a driver for 3D render used.

My friend at UbuntuClub(www.ubntuclub.com) said "Buy it and get new one, Except Acer Brand". Haha, because this brand lack of heat circulation inside laptop. I think it may be posible. But why it doesn't matter when I use M$, Haaa.

Anyway, next laptop I decide to be Apple.

"Please think before buy some laptop"
Creative thinking a lot.

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

Pedigree & whiskas Booth at NCC

AMWAY Booth